Whats the point of Racism?
Did you know many poeple think Racism is a bunch of white guys with big egos and little …. self-control?
It’s a whole world more than that. Literally, it’s all over the world, white against black against jews against chinese against..well..pretty much every skin tone and ethnic group on the planet has at least One representative that hates every Other skin tone or ethnic group.
I have actually seen people of the same general ethnic background, discriminate against each other because one is darker then other.
“Pot meet Kettle”
That wasn’t meant as a racial slur by the way, and I’m actually quoting from the guy that was sitting next to me on the bus a few days ago. Maybe I should explain. The black guy next to me leaned over and said, wait thats not quite right either.
The African-American Man-‘friggin-Mountian next to me whispered that to me. This was just before the earthquake, well not an earthquake, just before this 300+ pound Gentleman, bellowed at them to “Shut yo black ass mouths you emabarassment to yo own damned mommas” Direct quote. I asked permission. Did I mention this guy had his own zip-code?
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, why the hate?
I’ve read all sorts of things on ethnic cleansing, and white power and blah blah blah. I’ve hung out with a variety of racists, just to try and understand it. Not all of them were complete dumb-asses, some were actually very intelligent, well educated leaders in their individual hate groups. All I really learned is three things.
1. Many hate group leaders including Governments, are just power hungry and their Racism is just a mechanism to excercise their control over their followers. Some do seem to believe their own Rhetoric, but at heart its the control they want.
2. Many who belong to these groups, including those faithful to racist Governments and Religions, need something to belive in and someone to blame their troubles on. It makes them feel more important by considerinng other Races beneath them.
3. Average everyday Racists are not all that different from group followers, most just don’t want to commit, or think by being an individual Racist it makes it Ok, or they actually think their Not a Racist. Other than that no difference.
There are hundreds of rationalizations for it but it all the same in the end. Power, dominance, self-image.
There is the case to be made for “programmed” Racism. It’s similar to Religious programming. Teach the Hate from birth and you have a little Christian ..er..I mean Racist for life. It’s a horrible practice but there are no laws against it.
If abuse or some such is involved there are laws for That of course in most countries, but not for cramming Your ideas in your childrens heads while banning access to differing views. Or simply keeping them so immersed in your views that they lose touch with their own ability to think and choose for themselves.
Personally I think there Should be Laws but they would be extremly difficult to construct in a fair and balanced way without imposing too heavily on peoples rights and nobody wants to take that Political Flying Leap.
I won’t give any names of the people or groups so don’t ask. I prefer they have no reason to recall speaking to me.
About WilliamJust a Blogger with too much time to kill. Ranting and Raving about whatever is on my mind when I sit down to type. Politics, Religion, Social issues even Personal crap..errr ...Revelations at times.
- It's MY Life wp.me/p1cSe0-jx;) 7 years ago
- Did ya miss me? wp.me/p1cSe0-jv;) 7 years ago
- Happy 4th of July wp.me/p1cSe0-jo;) 7 years ago
- It's almost Independance Day wp.me/p1cSe0-jk;) 7 years ago
- Supreme Court Health Care Decision: Individual Mandate Survives huff.to/MCLwjQ via @HuffPostPol;) 7 years ago