Action Against Abuse was founded in 2008, by a few everyday people brought together in shared grief over the death of Baby Peter Connelly. We were dismayed and shocked at the state of the Child Protection System in the UK and at the pathetic ‘justice’ offered to victims of child abuse, and their families. How can a child be failed so terribly, time and time again?
We wanted to change these things , and we joined with various other communities to raise awareness and encourage people to take various actions to combat abuse in their own communities.
A few years later, and the foray surrounding Peters death has gone, the general public has forgotten, but very little has changed.
1-4 children still die in their own homes as a result of abuse or neglect in the UK. Most of those children are still unknown to Social Services. Sentences for child…
View original post 477 more words
- It's MY Life wp.me/p1cSe0-jx;) 7 years ago
- Did ya miss me? wp.me/p1cSe0-jv;) 7 years ago
- Happy 4th of July wp.me/p1cSe0-jo;) 7 years ago
- It's almost Independance Day wp.me/p1cSe0-jk;) 7 years ago
- Supreme Court Health Care Decision: Individual Mandate Survives huff.to/MCLwjQ via @HuffPostPol;) 7 years ago