I started a petition to replace “Legal Marriage” in the U.S. with “Legal Civil Unions”. This is not to abolish Marriage, this is too make a distinction. Legal Marriage is nothing more than a type of Civil Union anyway.
What is this Marriage thing?
I don’t mean the “Legal Defintion” , I mean the definition Behind the definition. How is it REALLY defined from a legal perspective? Whats it for? What set’s the standard for all those “Legal Definitions” that make no sense? I always thought it was two people who decide to make their relationship “Official” A token gesture to the world that they choose to be together in a deeper commitment than just sharing a bed and a roof. Or for tax purposes, getting some press if your a narcissistic celebrity, or maybe to piss your parents off.
“Green Cards” too, almost forgot those.
- It's MY Life wp.me/p1cSe0-jx;) 6 years ago
- Did ya miss me? wp.me/p1cSe0-jv;) 6 years ago
- Happy 4th of July wp.me/p1cSe0-jo;) 6 years ago
- It's almost Independance Day wp.me/p1cSe0-jk;) 6 years ago
- Supreme Court Health Care Decision: Individual Mandate Survives huff.to/MCLwjQ via @HuffPostPol;) 6 years ago